While Assam has entered its eighth day and Kashmir its 136th day(the longest ever imposed on a democratic state), of internet suspension, things can get a little annoying given the fact that the Indian government has corroborated for a digital India.
While most of the Indian population gets connected with the world over the internet and the network connectivity comes with its boon and bane. The social media is considered to be one of the most influential platforms for the global mass which is why the government considers it to be instigating peace and harmony at the time of crisis.
So just in case, you are going through an internet shutdown, here are some potent ways to get connected with the world.
- Keep a tab on your phone’s validity and recharge your prepaid connections so that you can avail the benefits whenever the need arises. Also if you have a postpaid connection make sure the bills are paid on time because you cannot afford
- Befriend Wifi zones be it playrooms, restaurant, railway stations, airports and so on. Download all the requirements so that you can get access to the documents later.
- Avail the benefits of Facebook and Twitter via SMS. Both the applications are free and can be posted through text messages as well. In Twitter set up your SMS Tweet notifications using the appropriate language settings.
- Say hello to ‘Off-the-grid’ chat messenger apps that work without an internet connection. These apps allow a person to communicate with each other within a range of up to 100 – 200 meters and works when 2 or more smartphones are within range of each other. These apps are ‘Firechat’, ‘The Serval Mesh’, ‘Vojer’, ‘Bridgefy’, ‘ZombieChat’.
- Use Rumble. It is a micro-blogging app that allows a device to connect without the Internet. You can share text and images through this app.
And above all always keep some cash in hand so that you do not go bonkers as online platforms cease to work.
Photo Credit: Entrackr (Representative Image)