With the Durgotsav – the biggest annual Hindu festival – just a week away, everyone is getting into a celebratory mode to celebrate the five-day of the festival. Revellers during the Durga puja throng pandals to catch a glimpse of the Goddess and also it is a time to enjoy a get together with your friends and family.
But before planning out your pandal hopping spree in the city with your vehicles, you should check out the new penalties imposed on whoever breaks traffic rules under the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019.
The act approved by President Ram Nath Kovind in August this year aims at stricter punishment for violating traffic regulations to bring down road accidents and improve the country’s road safety record. So, here’s the list of penalties that the Assam government enforced on September 23rd, 2019 in the state:
- As per the new order, if a person is found driving a vehicle without a license, he/she will be fined Rs 5,000.
- If a person is found racing, he/she will have to pay a fine of Rs 5,000.
- In norms of air/noise pollution, if a person is found violating the norms, he/she will be fined Rs 1,000.
- Also, carrying children below 14 years without a seat belt will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000.
- Two-wheelers riding with more than two persons will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000 and riding without helmets both the rider and the pillion will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000.
- A person using mobile phones while driving will be fined Rs 5,000.
Check out the complete list of penalties here:
|SI No.||Section||Offences||Amount of CF for the first offence (in Rs)||Amount of CF for the subsequent offence(in Rs)|
|2||178(1)||Travel without ticket||500||500|
|3||178(2)||Travel without ticket||500||500|
|4||178(3)||Refusal to ply contract carriage or carry passenger Two and Three WheelerIn other cases||500500||50500|
|5||179(1)||Disobedience of order authorities||2,000||2,000|
|6||179(2)||Refuse to supply information wilfully||2,000||2,000|
|7||180||Allowing unauthorised person to drive vehicle||5,000||5,000|
|8||181||Driving without license||5,000||5,000|
|9||182(1)||Driving vehicle during disqualification/suspension||10,000||10,000|
|10||182(2)||Offences relating to conductor license||10,000||10,000|
|11||182(B)||Prohibition of Registration and Fitness Certificate to oversized vehicles violating Section 62 A read with section 110||10,000||10,000|
|12||183(1)(i)||Driving LMV with excess speed||2,000||Impounding of Driving license as per section 206(4)|
|13||183(1)(ii)||Driving HMV/MMV passenger with excess speed||4,000||Impounding of Driving license as per section 206(4)|
|14||184(c)||Using mobile phone while driving||5,000||10,000|