100 Days Action Plan: 49 Projects Worth Rs 1,231 Crore Taken Up In Northeastern Region
Guwahati: The first-ever Bamboo Industrial Park of the Northeast will be set-up in Dima Hasao district of Assam in an area of 75 hectares at a cost of Rs 50 crore.
It may be noted, as many as 49 projects worth Rs 1,231 crore have been taken up by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) in the first 100 days of action plan in the second term of the BJP-led NDA government.
The Bamboo Industrial Park will be set up in Manderdisa in Dima Hasao. The in-principle approval will be granted to this project in August this year. It was informed that the target is to complete the project by March 2021.
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) DoNER, Jitendra Singh chaired a review meeting with senior officers of the Ministry, North Eastern Council (NEC), and other organisations of MDoNER in New Delhi on July 26th, 2019. Another project for Bamboo Park in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh would also be taken up by NEC.
Singh said that the Ministry aims to operationalise 200 projects worth about Rs 3,000 crore, which means on an average of two projects for Rs 30 crore per day.
Secretary, MDoNER, Inder Jit Singh; Secretary, NEC, Ram Muivah; MD NERAMAC Pankaj Prasad; MD CBTC Shailendra Chaudhari and other senior officers were also present during the meeting.
Major projects included under ‘100 Days Action Plan’:
Under North East Road Sector Development Scheme:
- Upgradation of AT Road from Tsusangra to Input Junction (26.335 km) including 3 number of bridges (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 26.335 kms and Assam 0.00 km).
- Tenning to Lekie Road (37.5km) in Nagaland for Rs 136.96 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-State road; Nagaland 37.500 kms and Assam 0.00 km).
- Dikhu bridge to Amguri (17.155 km) in Mokokchung district in Nagaland for Rs 59.77 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 17.155 km and Assam 0.00 km).
- Rehabilitation and upgradation of road from Tuensang to Longleng (0.00 km to 51.60 km) in Nagaland for Rs 188.61 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 51.6 kms and Assam 0.00km).
- Construction of Mukroh Umspar linking Jrikyndeng Road (15.517 km) in Meghalaya for Rs 58.01 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 13.397 kms and Assam 2.120 km).
- Lakhipur Abhirampara connecting Agua Medhipara Phulbari Tura Road at 19th km (West Garo Hills ) (12.565 km) for Rs 46.14 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 0.765 kms and Assam 11.80 kms)
Under North East Special Infrastructure Development Scheme:
- Improvement of Tourist spot connectivity from Amarpur (Fatiksagar) leading to Chabimura and having access to eco-Tourism Centre in Tripura.
- Improvement of road from Gandacherra-Raishyabari road at Ch. 18.30 KM to Narikel-Kunja (Length 8 km) for easy access for the tourists from Dhalai, North and Unakoti districts to Narikel Kunja island surrounded by Dumbur lake water in Tripura.
- In addition, 36 on-going projects under various schemes like NLCPR, Special Packages, Schemes of NEC etc. have been completed with an approved cost of Rs. 529.18 crore. Works of two projects for Rs. 89.63 crore got started and 3 projects for Rs. 26.83 crore have been operationalised during this period.