The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has introduced special trains for the convenience of the railway passengers of NFR Region to tackle the rush of this festive season during Durga Puja and Diwali.
Moreover, the NFR has also decided to augment the existing ones of several long-distance as well as passenger trains to tackle the rush hour of this festive season and to facilitate passengers so that they can travel to their dear ones during this festive season with ease.
Check out the special trains
- Special Train No. 02514 between Guwahati to Secunderabad has been running from Guwahati on every Saturday w.e.f. August 31st to November 2nd, 2019 and Train No. 02513 from Secunderabad on every Thursday w.e.f. August 29th to October 31st, 2019. The train comprises of one AC-2 tier, four AC-3 tier and eleven Sleeper class coaches.
- Special Train No. 08048/08047 will run between New Jalpaiguri and Santragachi w.e.f. October 6th, 2019 up to December 29th, 2019 and the train will have sixteen AC-3 tier coaches.
- Special Passenger Train No. 07525/07526– will run daily between Siliguri Jn and New Bongaigaon leaving Siliguri Jn w.e.f. October 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020 and from New Bongaigaon w.e.f. October 2nd, 2019 to April 1st, 2020.
- Special Train No. 03161/03162 Sealdah-Guwahati-Sealdah Weekly AC special will run on October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th and November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th, 2019 on Saturday from Guwahati Railway station. In the reverse direction, it will run from Sealdah on October 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and November 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th, 2019 on Friday. The train will have of sixteen AC-3 tier coaches.
- Special Train No. 82302/82301- Howrah- New Jalpaiguri-Howrah Suvidha Special will run from New Jalpaiguri on October 4th, 2019 and from Howrah on October 3rd, 2019. The train will have five AC-3 tiers, ten AC Chair car and AC Disabled friendly compartment.
Augmentation of existing trains
- One AC-3 tier coach will be attached with train No. 12424/12423- New Delhi-Dibrugarh Town Rajdhani Express w.e.f. October 1st to October 31st, 2019 from New Delhi and from October 3rd to November 2nd, 2019 from Dibrugarh Town.
2. One AC-3 tier coach has already been attached with train No. 19601/19602 – Udaipur City-New Jalpaiguri-Udaipur City Express w.e.f. September 7th to September 28th, 2019 from Udaipur City and from September 9th to September 30th, 2019 from New Jalpaiguri railway station.One AC-2 tier cum AC-3 tier coach has already been attached with train No. 19709/19710- Udaipur City- Kamakhya-Udaipur City Kavi Guru Express w.e.f. September 2nd to September 30th, 2019 from Udaipur City and from September 5th to October 3rd, 2019 from Kamakhya railway station.
3. One AC-3 tier and one sleeper class coach will be attached with train No. 13159/13160- Kolkata- Jogbani-Kolkata Express w.e.f. October 25th to November 1st, 2019 from Kolkata and from October 26th to November 2nd, 2019 from Jogbani railway station.
4. One AC-3 tier coach will be attached with the train No.13149/13150- Sealdah-Alipurduar Jn- Sealdah- Kanchan Kanya Express w.e.f. October 1st to November 30th, 2019 from Sealdah and from October 2nd to December 1st 2019 from Alipurduar Jn.
5. One AC-3 tier and one sleeper class coach will be attached with train No. 13181/13182- Kolkata-Silghat Town-Kolkata Weekly Express w.e.f. September 30th to November 25th, 2019 from Kolkata and from October 1st to November 26th, 2019 from Silghat Town Railway station.
Photo credit: @RailNf