A massive fire broke out at a fire-cracker stall amid the Diwali festivities in Guwahati’s Bhetapara area on October 27th, 2019.
According to reports, the street stall was up in fumes within seconds as crackers started to burst one after another. No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
Locals said that the fire broke out at one Tilak Barman’s stall which was stationed as Basistha fireworks. Crackers worth several lakhs were reduced to ashes.
Post the blaze, fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames were brought under control. Fortunately, the fire did not escalate to the nearby commercial establishments.
“I was taking a bath when I heard shouts, cries of people. I immediately ran out and tried to douse the flames with the bucket of water,” a local said.
Photo: Smita Rani Deka