29 C
Guwahati
Monday, October 25, 2021
More

    Man, Wife And Daughter Die After Eating Wild Mushrooms

    Deaths because of consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms in several districts of Upper Assam are often reported in the state

    In a tragic incident, three members of a family died and one fell ill after consuming poisonous mushrooms at Sapekhati in Charaideo district of Assam.

    Biseswar Bora, his wife Suwala and their 14-year-old daughter Himadri died on the night of May 1st, 2020 after eating wild mushrooms.

    Debajit, son of Biseswar, is presently undergoing treatment.

    Deaths because of consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms in several districts of Upper Assam are often reported in the state.

    Wild mushrooms grow in abundance from March to October in Assam. Though many wild mushrooms are safe to consume, others pose a serious health risk and can even cause death if consumed.

    Experts say that it is difficult to distinguish between edible and toxic mushrooms.

    Photo credit: geek.com (Representative image)

    Published:

    Follow TIME8.IN on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and on YOUTUBE to stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time

    First published

    ট্ৰেণ্ডিং