A construction labourer was electrocuted while repairing electrical wires at Lanka area under Hojai district of Assam.
Locals said that the deceased identified as Abdul Wahid(37) was working at a construction site under ward No 11 of Lanka area when suddenly he suffered an electric shock while fixing wires as it came in contact with high tension power cables of the building.
A police team reached the spot and sent the body to Lanka PS. He was a resident of Nakhuti area.
A pall of gloom has descended in the region.
Inputs & Photo: Biswajit