27 C
Guwahati
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
More

    Man Booked For Misleading FB Post On Coronavirus In Arunachal

    Arunachal Pradesh government today temporarily banned the entry of foreigners in the state to prevent the spread of coronavirus

    A man was booked in Arunachal Pradesh’s East Siang district for allegedly posting misleading information on social media regarding coronavirus.

    The man has been identified as Subu Kena Tsering. A case was lodged against Tsering based on a complaint filed by district medical officer Kaling Dai on March 6th, 2020 with the Pasighat police.

    Tsering posted in a Facebook group that coronavirus has reached Pasighat and two patients have been referred to Dibrugarh in Assam, officials said. However, he is yet to be arrested.

    Also read: After Sikkim, Arunachal Bans Entry Of Foreigners To Prevent Spread Of Coronavirus

    The Arunachal Pradesh government today temporarily banned the entry of foreigners in the state to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The move came days after Sikkim banned issuing of Inner Line Permits to the foreigners.

    As precautionary measures, the state government decided not to issue Protected Area Permits (PAPs) to foreigners to check the spread of coronavirus, officials said on March 8th, 2020.

    The Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar directed all PAP issuing authorities to suspend the issue of permits till further orders.

    The virus that first emerged in China in December last year has spread to 97 countries and has infected 102,180 people, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus tracker. More than 3,500 people have been killed due to the virus so far.

    Photo credit: The Financial Express

    Published:

    2 COMMENTS

    Follow TIME8.IN on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and on YOUTUBE to stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time

    First published

    ট্ৰেণ্ডিং