Guwahati, June 15, 2019
In a bid to empower the commuters and ensure hassle-free journey, the Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC)’s Chalo app was officially launched in Guwahati on June 14th, 2019 by the State Transport Minister, Chandra Mohan Patowary.
Through the latest app, the commuters from now on do not have to wait for buses at the stoppages for long hours as they can buy a mobile pass or get tickets from the App through the Automated Fare Collection System causing a smooth travel experience.Advertisement
Apart from the launch of the mobile application, the Minister also unveiled a one-of-a-kind transport map for the ASTC bus networks in Guwahati developed by Chalo. The transport map will allow commuters to find all possible bus routes from any stoppage.
Speaking about the project, Anand Prakash Tiwari, MD ASTC informed that the first phase will cover 250 city buses. “In a few months’ time, Assam will be the first state in the country to have a state-wide smart transport solution and common mobility card for its commuters. We are investing in technology that will help make public transport more convenient for commuters,” Tiwari said.
The ASTC has announced concessions for commuters which will be effective in the next two weeks:
Students (Boys): 30%, Students (Girls): 35%, Senior Citizens (Above 60 years of Age): 50%, Physically Challenged: 100%, Freedom Fighters: 100%, Media: 80%.
It may be mentioned that the residents of Guwahati can experience the Chalo app right away by downloading it free from the Google Play Store. The service is slated to be rolled out to other cities and towns in Assam soon.
Things To Know About Chalo App:
Chalo is a free mobile app developed by Zophop Technologies Private Limited, a technology-driven transport solution. The app has been developed specifically for travellers who rely on buses, trains and other forms of public transport to get around their city. It enables users to track their bus live on a map, check the arrival time and plan their journey door-to-door with a multi-modal trip planner.
- With the Chalo App, a commuter can know the live arrival time of their bus and can plan their travel accordingly.
- A person can track the live GPS position of their bus on the map available on the app
Travelling is fun as commuters can plan their trip door-to-door using a multi-modal trip planner.
- Making bus travel more cost-effective as a person can purchase a monthly pass on the Chalo app and also find the cheapest and fastest trip options, including all the bus route options according to their destination. The passes are available at Rs 450 per month for ordinary buses and Rs 900 per month for AC buses.
- No more waiting in long queues as commuters can buy mobile bus pass directly through the app.
- Safe travelling with features such as Emergency SOS.
- The project includes the introduction of electronic ticketing in ASTC buses with the latest generation of cutting-edge Electronic Ticket Issuing Machines (ETIMs) which can accept all modes of payment, including cards, mobile payments, QR code payments and other forms of digital payments.
- Chalo has also teamed up with ASTC to install bus stop poles across the city where bus stops have not been previously marked. The poles will not only point commuters to the location of the stop but will also indicate the buses that will stop there in order to help bus commuters further.