Fondly known as the Dhing Express, ace sprinter Hima Das has found her name in the 4x400m relay Indian team for the World Athletics Championships to be held in Doha from September 27th, 2019.
The names of the 25-member squad were announced on September 9th, 2019 after a meeting of AFI selection committee. However, the members of the team might increase after the international body (IAAF) gives confirmation of the likes of World University 100m champion Dutee Chand, who did not meet the qualification mark but is within the required number of competitors for the event.
Notably, Hima Das couldn’t qualify for her pet event 400m but she has been named for both the women’s 4x400m relay and mixed 4x400m relay races.
Earlier this year, Hima Das scripted history in the field of athletics by winning 5 back-to-back gold medals at an international platform.
Check out the list of Hima’s win so far –
- Hima won her first international gold on July 2nd, 2019 at Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland at her first competitive 200m race of the year. She clocked 23.65 seconds.
- The ‘Dhing Express’ cliched her second gold on July 7th, 2019 at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland for the women’s 200-meter race. The national record holder of 400m clocked 23.97 seconds.
- She won her third gold at the Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic on July 13th, 2019 with a timing of 23.43 seconds.
- Hima achieved her fourth gold at the Tabor Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic on July 17th, 2019. She won the 200-meter race in 23.25 seconds.
- Getting back on track to her 400-m best, Hima won her fifth gold of the month in the Czech Republic on July 20th, 2019, with a season-best time of 52.09 seconds.