The Assam government has released a list of what will be open in the extended lockdown.
Out of the 33 districts, 29 are in the green zone and four in the orange zone. There is no red zone in Assam.
The guidelines shall be enforced by the District Magistrates through fines and penal action as prescribed in Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005 besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC and other legal provisions.
The Centre on May 1st, 2020 extended the nationwide coronavirus lockdown – which was scheduled to end on May 3rd – by two weeks i.e. May 17th, 2020.
Permitted Activities With Restrictions In Green Zones
- The movement of individuals is strictly prohibited between 6 PM and 6 AM throughout the state across all zones, except for emergency services namely medical services, police, fire services and emergency response for restoring telecom and electricity.
- Private Medical Clinics and OPDs including veterinary OPDs shall be allowed to open.
- All standalone shops shall be allowed to operate till 5 PM. In areas where there are adjacent shops it shall be ensured that there are at least two closed shops in between two open shops except for pharmacies, grocery stores and book shops. Deputy Commissioners shall, in consultation with market associations, identify the shops and allow them to operate only after this is finalised. Market complexes and shopping malls shall remain closed.
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social distancing.
- Private four-wheelers are allowed with driver and two others.
- For two-wheelers, pillion riding is allowed either with one female or one child up to the age of 12 years.
- All constructions in urban areas shall be allowed with a maximum of 50% workforce.
- City buses, intra-district and inter-district buses shall operate with 50% capacity. Only 50% of the total number of buses shall be allowed to operate and only under the authority of ASTC. All vehicles which are allowed to ply are not permitted to stop in the Red and Orange Zones but can only pass through.
- Government and Private offices shall operate with 50% of employees.
- All tea shops, restaurants, ice-cream parlours, cooked food outlets are allowed to operate on take away or home delivery basis only.
- Barber shops, saloons and parlours shall continue to remain closed, however, home visits of barber would be allowed after following hygiene and sanitisation norms.
- No livestock carrying trucks shall be allowed to enter the State. However, if there is any truck already loaded with livestock and headed for any State outside Assam those may be allowed to move to their destination without stopping in the State of Assam.
- E-Commerce for all commodities is allowed.
- Maintaining social distancing and arrangement for thermal scanning, hand sanitization shall be the responsibility of the Head of the Organization both public and private.
- Female employees, both private and public, with children below 5 years of age are not to attend office till May 17, 2020, when this will be reviewed.
- Haats and bazars including weekly markets shall remain closed throughout the state.
- Movement of persons beyond the age of 65 years and below the age of 10 years shall be restricted in public spaces except for medical purposes.
Prohibited Across Assam Irrespective Of Zone
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers except for medical services, air ambulance and for security purposes as permitted by MHA.
- All passenger movement by trains, except for security purposes or for purposes as permitted by MHA.
- Inter-State Buses for public transport, except as permitted by MHA.
- Inter-State movement of individuals except for medical reasons or for activities as permitted by MHA.
- All schools, colleges, educational/training/coaching institutions etc. However, online/distance learning shall be permitted.
- Hospitality services other than those used for housing health/police/Government officials/healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and those used for quarantine facilities.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly of halls and similar places.
- All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gatherings.
- All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.