We all love the festive season and come the October month, it is full of festivals which include, Durga Puja, Ram Navami, Dussehra, Diwali, Govardhan Puja and Bhai Dooj. Along with festivals come holidays and this year, the month of October has a total of 11 holidays including weekends for banks, government offices and schools.
The month of October will have only 20 working days and here’s a list of the bank holidays so that you can plan your visits to the banks accordingly.
- October 2nd – The holiday season starts with Gandhi Jayanti
- October 6th, 7th and 8th – Banks will remain closed on the first Sunday of October, Ram Navami and Dussehra falls on October 7th and 8th respectively
- October 12th and 13th – It is a second Saturday followed by Sunday
- October 20th – It is a Sunday
- October 26th and 27th – Fourth Saturday is on October 26th and Diwali will be celebrated on October 27th
- October 28th and 29th – After Diwali, Govardhan Puja and Bhai Dooj holidays will be celebrated in the mentioned dates
Photo Credit: Wikipedia