The final draft list of the NRC was published on July 30, 2018, and had excluded names of 40 lakh people
Guwahati, June 26, 2019
These persons are the ones whose names had appeared in the draft NRC published on July 30th, 2018 but were later found ineligible for various reasons.
Here’s How To Check out the Additional Draft Exclusion List:
- The hard copies of the Additional Draft Exclusion List will be available for public view at NRC Seva Kendras (NSK).
- The list will be available at the offices of the Deputy Commissioner/ SDO(Civil)/ Circle Officer during office hours.
- The particulars of the Additional Draft Exclusion List can also be viewed online in the NRC website www.nrcassam.nic.in from 10 am today.
What happens if a person’s name appears in the Additional Draft Exclusion List:
- The excluded persons will be informed individually through Letters of Information(LOI) to be delivered at their residential addresses along with the reason for exclusion.
- They will have the opportunity to file their Claims which will be disposed of through a hearing by a Disposing Officer.
- The submission of Claim and it’s disposal by the Disposing Officer through a hearing will happen together.
- The LOI will mention the details of the venue of claim submission cum hearing. The hearings will start from July 5th, 2019 onwards.
- The date of hearings will also be available online in the NRC website www.nrcassam.nic.in from June 29th, 2019 onwards.
- All such Claims will be disposed thereafter and results of such persons will be declared in the Final NRC on 31st July 2019.
The NRC is being updated in Assam under the guidance and supervision of the Supreme Court to detect foreigners living illegally in the state.
On the midnight of December 31st, 2017, partial draft of the NRC was released and subsequently on July 30th, 2018, the complete draft NRC was released. A total of 28,983,677 persons were found eligible out of 32,991,384 applicants in the final draft of the NRC. Of these, 37,59,630 names have been rejected and the remaining 2,48,077 are on hold.