With just three days left for publication of the final National Register of Citizens (NRC), the state coordinator for NRC, Assam, Prateek Hajela on August 27th, 2019, issued a notification about how to check the names in the list. The final NRC is slated to be published on August 31st, 2019. The status of all NRC applicants will be available online from September 7th, 2019.
How to check names in the final NRC:
Public would be able to view the results of Final NRC as follows:
- Those persons
- who submitted Claim as they were (i) not included in Complete Draft (published on July 30th, 2018) or (ii) excluded by Additional Draft Exclusions List published on June 26th, 2019 or
- had any objection filed against their inclusion can see their status of inclusion in Supplementary Inclusions List by visiting their designated NSK/Office of Circle Officers /Office of Deputy Commissioners. The fist will only be a list of Supplementary List of Inclusions.
Publiccan also check their status online’ by typing their ARN.
- Those persons who were included in Complete Draft (published on July 30th, 2018) or ii.) Not excluded by Additional Draft Exclusions List published on June 26th, 2019 but –
- Were called for hearings held from July 5th, 2019 onwards can also check for their status as at 1 above.
- Were NOT called for any hearings held from July 5th, 2019 onwards need not worry about their inclusion status. They continue to be included in Final NRC.
- Online facility to be available from August 31st, 2019, will give the result of any change in status from Complete Draft NRC for claimants/
objectees/ any member included in Draft but were called for any hearing held on or after July 5th, 2019
- From September 7th, 2019,
statusof all NRC applicants will be available online. This can be seen by typing out the ARN. People can visit the NRC official web-site and can check their names.
On August 24th, 2019, the Assam Director General of Police (DGP), Kuladhar Saikia said that the state police have already
On the midnight of December 31st, 2017, a partial draft of the NRC was released and subsequently on July 30th, 2018, the complete draft NRC was released. A total of 2,89,83,677 persons were found eligible out of 3,29,91,384 applicants in the final draft of the NRC. The NRC authorities on June 26th, 2019 published an additional draft exclusion list consisting of 1,02,462 persons.
Photo: via @NRCupdateAssam