Guwahati, July 22, 2019
- New Assam State Industrial Policy 2019: Power subsidy at Rs two per unit for a period of five years subject to a maximum of Rs 50 lakh per annum. 50 per cent generating subsidy up to Rs 20 lakh, exemption of stamp duty up to 100 per cent up to Rs 25 lakh, 75 per cent subsidy on Technology transfer subject to a ceiling of Rs 10 lakh, financial assistance to MSME at 30 per cent subsidy, subject to a ceiling of Rs five lakh for listed in stock exchange.
- New Film Policy approved: Rs 25 lakh subsidy for the films production cost of which is Rs. 1 crore. Rs. 1 crore for films honoured with National Award, and Rs. 2 crore for films nominated for Oscar. Moreover, a corpus fund will be created collecting Rs. 1 from each ticket sold for the welfare of artistes.
- Free sugar: Procurement and Distribution of free sugar to the tea garden beneficiaries under ANNA Scheme at 2 KG per family per month.
- New syllabus for APSC examination in line with UPSC exam.
- Eligibilities to contest ward commissioner election: Through Assam Municipal Amendment Act Educational qualifications set for Ward Commissioners – a) Class 12 pass for general category candidates. Class 10 for SC/ST/OBC category, b) Two Children norm and c) Household Toilet is essential for the candidates.
- Establishment of trade centre: International Trade Centre at Golaghat for Agarwood.
- 3-year exemption on levy of cess on green leaves for big tea gardens.
- Recruitment of 80 Asstt. Engineers, 70 Junior engineers under 3 (f) under the Water Resource Department for building and repairing embankments.
- Reservation of 80 per cent in managerial and supervisory and 90 per cent in Non-managerial cadre in State PSUs and industries availing benefits from State government.
- Apon Ghar Scheme. Subsidy up to Rs. 2.5 home lone.
- 50,00 subsidy to higher education loans.
- Removal of Area Sabha Members. The number of wards increased to 60 in GMC. Educational qualification: Degree for General, 12 Pass of SC/ST/OBC, 2 child norm and essential household toilet.
- Approved in honorarium for GP Member from Rs 1500 to 2000. AP member from Rs. 2500 to Rs 3000. ZP Member from 3500 to Rs. 4000.
- In higher education loan government to provide subsidy Rs. 50 thousand.