Guwahati, July 22, 2019
A heart-wrenching tragic incident in Assam’s Karbi Anglong in 2018 changed the Assam Police and how! From an almost non-existent social media handles to going viral, the state police force has come a long way. They defined ‘makeover’ and proved, police too can have a sense of humour.
Making the right use of puns, their witty-sassy tweets on various issues has immediately struck a chord with the aam aadmi and leaving them ROFLing. After a year now, Assam Police has aced the art to drive home a message and bring the public closer to the police.
Here is a compilation of 10 posts shared by the Assam Police which left the netizens in splits. Check it out and thank us later!
- Assam Police went ‘over the moon’ while congratulating star sprinter Hima Das who won five gold medal in 18 days. The track sensation’s Twitter handle goes by the name HimaMonJai. Assam Police said now it’s time for Hima to reach for the moon – Mon to etia #MoonJai. Spot on!
- When we were still fighting over ‘toxic and misogynist’ Kabir Singh, Guwahati Police, taking forward the fight against drugs, posted a sharp-witted post and left the netizens wowed. Using an illustration of actor Shahid Kapoor, the Guwahati Police asked for ‘the most popular place to buy ganja’. The post left the Twitterati divided. Few trolled the force but the majority dropped ‘leads’ in the comment section.
- This one post put the spotlight on the Assam Police. Assam Police warned against fake news with Bohemian Rhapsody post. In an ode to iconic singer Freddie Mercury, the Assam Police have used lyrics of his most famous composition from Queen’s fourth studio album, ‘A Night at the Opera’ to pass on an important message — and left netizens impressed.
- Assam Police says don’t be a silly boy. Tweaking the lyrics of popular rap Mere Gully Mein from the Ranveer Singh-Ali Bhat starrer film, the tweet warned against internet scammers.
- Urging the youths to stay away from drugs, Assam Police used the video gaming format to urge youths to quit drugs. ‘Quit playin’ games with your life’ – simple and straight.
- ‘Savage’ – Twitterati cheered in unison when Assam Police tweeted on its page about confiscating a huge amount of cannabis. Assam Police left netizens amused with their tongue-in-cheek humour after seizing “590 kgs of ganja and a truck in and around Chagolia Checkpoint” in Dhubri.
- Assam Police took help of the blockbuster HBO series Game of Thrones to remind us of ‘the things we (must) do for protecting our world’.
- We all remember this twisted tweet shared by the Assam Police on Avengers: Endgame. As ‘fake news is threatening our planet’, Assam Police says it’s time to believe in the ‘hero inside each of us and bring fake news to its endgame, whatever it takes’. Slaying it!
- With few days left for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Assam Police tweaked a dialogue from Rajkummar Rao-starrer Newton to raise voting awareness. The social media team of the Assam Police tweeted the popular dialogue – Main likh ke deta hun, koi nahi aayega (I will give it to you in writing, nobody will show up) – to make a point that the “nation will stand together to ensure a record voter turnout in the upcoming Lok Sabha Election”.
- Assam’s Police cheeky tweets on cybersecurity won hearts.